The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

COLD!

Well, Celly's belly is back to smelling like pee. Knew that couldn't last long. Blah.

And I'm still sick. I've been going out regularly these days since it's my last week before class begins, and that's killed my immune system. I think I'm getting better one day, I go out, then BAM! I feel near death the next day. Rinse and repeat. It is really rather ridiculous. The way I'm feeling, I don't think I'll be any better until at least 2/3 days more. Meaning I'll have been sick for about 2 weeks straight. That's just W-R-O-N-G.

And ya know how cold it is out there? It's technically 1 degree F, but the wind makes it feel like -20. Yes, people! MINUS TWENTY DEGREES! I've been locked up in my house since 10 PM Friday, and I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. Except to open the door for the pizza delivery guy. He can suffer - I'm tipping him for the suffering.

4 comments:

The Creeper said...

It was -10 (no windchill included in these figures) here when we left to bring my parents to get their rental car. Then we tried looking at cars, but they were all so frosted up it was pointless. By that time it was a whopping -14. Yes. Colder.

Joy.

PinkPiddyPaws said...

THAT is why I don't live in the f'ing NORTH !! Ack.... I'm cold just thinking about it? Damn... where's my hot rock? Oh yeah...he's still on duty.. busting criminal ass and all that. ;) ...sigh... heating blanket it is.

Jessie said...

Well, could you pass that memo of cold weather not being on to Atlanta, please? Because, seriously, this is ridiculous.

Twiddles said...

Sue,
EEEK! Wow. But then, you guys are pretty close to Canada, aren't you? I lived in Michigan for 7 years, but I was 20 minutes from the Indiana border and right next to the lake, so it never got too cold - just lots and lots of snow. And you say you walked around in -14 degree weather? You people must be superhuman. Don't you start getting frostbite at that temp?

pinkpiddypaws,
Well, yes, but I'm not much of a hot weather gal either - so living somewhere like LA or Florida is out of the question for me. Besides, I like seasons. :) And hey, even if it's cold in Atlanta, you've got a nice husky police officer to cuddle up to. :P

Jessie,
Hey, at least these occurrences are random. We get them ALL THE TIME. Blah. :)