The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I want a hamster.

So I watched Wall-E yesterday. I went to the 12:30 PM showing, because A) I had just finished my last official law school class, and I wanted to part-ay, B) I had gotten home at 3 AM after catching the midnight showing of Wanted, and gotten up at 7 AM to get to class, so if I planned on seeing Wall-E, I had to see it immediately - if I went home and sat down, I'd pass out for the rest of the day. So I saw it, and it was okay. Now, I realize that you Pixar maniacs must be ready to smack me over the head with an oversized hammer. Fear not, I'm a Pixar maniac myself. But this movie felt very different from all its predecessors. Not in a bad way, and I'm unsure if it's a great way - it was just different. It just felt so much darker than anything before - perhaps the subject matter lends itself to being darker, but as much as I enjoyed it, I left the theatre with a tinge of alarm/sadness. Perhaps because it was one of the most "realistic" scenarios Pixar has ever covered. I've heard some people say that it makes fun of itself and doesn't take anything too seriously - and that may be true, but I don't think the audience can help but seriously contemplate some of the ideas the movie is discussing.

Or maybe I was too brain-dead from lack of sleep to laugh as much as I should have.

But this post really wasn't about Wall-E. Nope. This post is about Bolt. Who is Bolt? This is Bolt (I would link YouTube, but they don't have a decent trailer up. As far as I can tell). And sure, the movie looks kinda cute, but keep your eyes peeled for the hamster. See it? Hear it? Isn't it freaking A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E?! Don't you just want to get your own hamster and teach it how to talk?

I think I might see that movie solely for the hamster.

I know.

I'm a sucker.

A sucker for cute talking hamsters.

Boo.

2 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!!!! i have GOT to go see this movie! bwa..ha..ha.ha... Hamster.. Smamster.. I LOVE the cat! (of course) I saw a poster for this at the theater today and had no clue what it was.

You, Pug Mom are a DOLL for posting this video clip! :)

p.s. -- I saw Wanted today... wanna compare notes? ;)

p.p.s. -- haven't seen Wall-E because Ranger promised to go see it with me.. hee..hee..

p.p.p.s. -- and I made him PROMISE not to go see Hancock w/o me (since it opens Wednesday)

Tam said...

Don't do it. Don't get a hamster! They die in, like, a year or so...although mine lasted about 2, but there I was, crying in the middle of the night, when I found him dead in his cage. I'm so soft when it come to animals...