The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Babar has an ear infection.

So I took him to the vet 2 weeks ago to get drugs for the pug.
Today was his checkup visit. I sat waiting for the doctor to come and see him for 40 minutes, people. FORTY MINUTES. Eventually he deigned to drop by, checked him out, he's healthy, cute, yadda yadda yadda, and we marched out the door.

We met a cute pug out in the waiting room, who sniffed Babar's butt. Of course, Babar sniffed his butt right back.

We walk outside the clinic and head towards the car. On the way we see a gigantic German Shepherd and his female owner. The dog spots Babar and starts jumping up and down like he's got a seizure of happiness going on. The lady holds on for dear life while he bucks and starts screaming at the top of her lungs, "NO COMET! THAT'S NOT FLORA! THAT'S NOT FLORA! COMET! THAT'S NOT FLORA! THAT'S ANOTHER PUG, COMET! COMET! STOP COMET!"

Comet just bucked even harder.

I had to giggle. Seriously, lady. I have a feeling Comet doesn't get "human speak".

3 comments:

Jessie said...

*laugh* I love how the German Shepard just didn't even care. It was the right pug. Y'all just didn't realize it.

As for the ear infection, get used to them. It's a common pug ailment. Sadly. I like our vet now. They come in after like 15 minutes, do what's necessary and out the door you go. I heart that. It's about 25 minutes away, but that's fine.

And you have pugs. You can't tell me that they don't speak human.

Twiddles said...

Yeah, I'm well acquainted with ear infections. He's gotten maybe 4 so far, and the doctor finally recommended benadryl just to see if that helps. We'll see.

And my pugs don't speak human. They speak "I'll do whatever I want regardless of what you're yelling out". My pugs are just naughty. Especially the little one. She's a bad bad dog.

Jessie said...

Don't you love the ear infections? We can't keep Wrinkles from getting them. Nothing we do works. Cleaning out the ears with special cleaner, taking meds. Nothing works. She's quite the diva, that one.

And your pugs do to speak human. Try spelling 'out', 'dinner', 'food', 'car', 'pee.' They'll respond. Right now they just need a little help. They're puppies yet. We had to change our entire vocabulary for Wrinks by the time she was four.