The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm Clearly A Sadist

Yes, I obviously LOVE pain. Because why else would I schedule an appointment with my masseuse and let her torture my poor muscles into submission? I might as well have let her tie me up and beat me with chains. At least I'd be PREPARED for the pain.

Blah. Why do I keep going back for massages when they hurt so much????

I don't know. I must be a sadist.

On another note, Babar has turned into the most needy dog I've ever seen. Back in the day, he'd be an aloof little pug. He'd let me pet him when he felt like it, he didn't really like being picked up, and he'd ignore me most of the time. And well, that was okay - I was used to it. Now that I'm back from Brazil, he wants to be sitting or sleeping on my chest at ALL TIMES. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I sit down on the couch to watch an episode of Golden Girls while I munch on my banana muffins, and he attempts to climb up my legs and won't rest until he can lean his little body against my chest. It would be so cute if it weren't for the fact that he does it ALL THE TIME, and also, he's a heavy little bugger. And of course, Celeste is jealous. So then I have TWO pugs trying to climb up and sit on my chest. Darn darn darn.

Oh, you know, lately I've been thinking of joining the military. Sort of. Well, JAG. The attorneys who work for the military. It really does sound like a good deal, as far as incentives go. And the atmosphere is interesting - I'm not the type of person who'd be completely happy doing a 9-5 at the same place every day for the rest of my life, and JAG is definitely somewhat different. We had a guy from the Air Force yesterday at school, and he was there just because he loved to travel and wasn't the 9-5 type of guy, and he said his job let him get around a lot and he loved the variety. While he was talking, I was thinking, "Gee, he sounds like me." So yeah. I'm going to explore the options a little more and then maybe send out my resume. We'll see. The only thing I worry about are my horrid law school grades - everything else is in my favor, and hopefully that will outweigh them. Do any of you know anyone working in that position? Or heck, just working for the military in a specialized position? Do they like it? Was it hard to get in? My minds sorta buzzing like crazy right now with this new possibility. Don't get me wrong - I still want to open up my own practice, and that's going to happen definitely. But I haven't settled down yet - heck, I don't even have a boyfriend - so why shouldn't I take advantage of this? I'd be gaining experience as an attorney, AND be in a different environment. Out of all the attorney jobs I've heard of during my time as a law student, this is the ONLY one (besides opening my own practice) that sounds REALLY interesting and something I would enjoy doing.

The only downside is I'll probably have to wear a uniform. I hate uniforms.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Yeah, Cassie is like that all the time.

The JAG idea sounds pretty cool. I can't wait to read what you find out. Good luck!