The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

So I'm back...

And I'm T-I-R-E-D. Emotionally and physically. The vacation did go great - we did most of the things we wanted to. I did get gigantic blisters on my feet the second day I was there (new shoes + not wearing them in + walking nonstop for hours = bad idea). Yeah. And since I was walking funny that day to keep my feet from hurting as little as possible, I strained my calves and could barely walk for the rest of my vacation. But that's okay - it didn't really intrude with what we did, so no problems there. As far as being with my Ex 24/7 for a straight week - that was weird. Well, no, I mean, it was good - like I've mentioned before, we'd reached the buddy stage in our relationship for a while, so going from a couple to buddies wasn't difficult. What was bothersome was that I had gotten used to not seeing him all the time, and I was okay with that, and then this week sort of set me back. Not because I WANT to be with him all the time - now that I've been on my own I realize that I'm happier being completely in control of my time. I didn't even realize it all that much until I came home. Yesterday evening was my first day for a week without his constant company, and my puggies were at the pugsitter, and my house was completely empty. At that point it really hit me - I was completely alone. Having gotten used to his company AGAIN during that week, it just felt so strange to be sitting on my couch without a pug or a boyfriend to touch.
But don't worry about me - I don't want things back the way they were. My heart and my mind are in full agreement that this is best, and I'm honestly happier now than I was before. Today I'm doing great - I picked up my babies from the sitter, and later today I'm going to see a brainless action flick at the cinema. By myself. You know, I haven't been to the cinema by myself since I started dating my Ex. I figured, "Why go by myself if I can go with him?" But now I'm alone. And now it doesn't sound so bad to get in my car, drive to the mall, pick up a couple scents at Bath & Body Works, buy an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie at Potbelly's, sneak it into the cinema with me, and enjoy two hours of explosions and fighting. Yay me! Ha ha ha.... I'll tell you more about what we did in Rio de Janeiro next time. For now, toodles to ya all. Love ya, and see you around!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a nice trip...