The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So, I survived...

I was sore on Saturday. Sunday. Monday. Tuesday. And Wednesday I woke up and realized - Hey! I can move my feet without wincing! Yay! So back to class for me.

And I've just gotten back. If you're wondering, I'm feeling okay. It wasn't as horrible as the first class - possibly because I was slightly more prepared than the first time. Possibly because the first time, we had to do exercises nonstop for a long time without rest (well, it was probably only a couple minutes but it felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R), and this time it was 30 second intervals with 10 seconds of rest. Much more manageable. Although the instructor was so chirpy and cheerful that I wanted to jab HER in the face. But that's okay. I'm a beginner, and as such I'm the joke of the class right now. Usually I'm pretty self-conscious about these things, but you know what? I don't give a crap right now. As long as I keep sweating, I'm good.

Also, this is really helping me out with my stress level. I'm just exhausted with school, and these classes give me something to look forward to at the end of the day. Hopefully they'll keep me together during finals next week. It's nice to go somewhere and just sweat away your worries and stress and anger and all that shit. So, basically, boo for school and stress, and yay for boxing classes!

No comments: