The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!

Well, it's come around - the 4th of July. And I'm sitting here, roasting my ass off in the sun, and keeping an eye on the stray pug who's running up and down the beach like a maniac. Where, you might ask, am I? I'm cold chillin' with my homies up at Duluth, MN. It was The Boyfriend's tradition, and now it's OUR tradition, to go up and spend some time with friends by Lake Superior. And this is the first time the pug has tagged along - and let me tell you, he absolutely LOVES it. He's been carried into the lake, waves rolling and crashing over him (well, waves to him. Ripples to us.)and let loose to run around with other dogs. Then he tried to dig a hole to China. And was promptly distracted by people walking by. Or a bug crawling along. Or oxygen. He's just an easily distracted pug. Then he got my nice clothes all dirty, tore wounds into my feet while digging in the sand, and pooped in the water. All in all, a fun day for him. I've been rather entertained as well, and I can't tell you know nice it feels to not have any responsibilities or things to do right now. It's so relaxing. Now I wish I could fall asleep on the couch, but unfortunately, gotta keep an eye on the pug. So it's off to catch him before he scares a baby. Toodles, and hope you have a nice Independence Day too!

1 comment:

Tam said...

That sounds like fun. It's so cute that your Pug enjoyed himself on the beach. I believe Cassie would be a big sissy....