The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Day, New President.

Wow. I seriously feel like Bush has been President my entire life. Or at least, all the majorly important years. College, first kiss, first boyfriend, first time living away from home, first time visiting Europe, grad school - all during the Bush administration. And now, today, is the first day of my adult life with someone new.

I can't say I expect ridiculous amounts of change - Obama is certainly an intelligent man, but there's only so much one man can do, no matter how much power he has. But I'm a wee bit excited, honestly. And hopeful. So I send out a little prayer for Obama, in hopes that he stays strong in the coming years.

3 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Well geez.. he HAS been president all your life, I mean you are what... 12?? ha..ha.ha...

Twiddles said...

Uh, yeah, kitty. 12. Righto. :-P

Tam said...

Wow! Damn, girl, you sure make me feel old! Here's hoping Obama will rock the White House!