The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Update!

Well, after being reminded of my woeful absence at Blogger by dear Cinnkitty, I've come back with an update. I don't have any pictures - sorry, the puggers just don't sit still for a minute anymore - but I've got a short video that'll hopefully let you see a little bit of how the babies are getting along. The first few days, I was a bit worried, since Babar seemed rather miffed at the fact that there was a new pug in the house - but he's come around, really rather quickly, and now they can't be separated. If I take one out of the room, the other sits at the door and cries until they're united. I think it's a little bit of affection and greed - one can't have what the other doesn't. They're just adorable.
As for Celeste's potty accidents, I'm taking it in stride I guess. Babar was worse, not because of his accidents, but because my house was not as pug-proof as it is today. So it's much easier to clean up these days. The BF isn't too happy about waking up to a few little brown balls lying around the living room, but then, he isn't too happy about any dog that lives inside the house. I don't give a crap. They're mine, I paid about $1000 for them (not including vet fees, food, and other things), and I keep them alive - so shut it, Mr. He does have a soft spot for Babs, though - they're buddies, the only men in a household of messy women (well, women being me and Celeste). But anyway, this video is just a little sample of what happens between Babar and Celeste every...single...day. Like I said, they just don't stay still for a minute anymore. Unless I catch them at 5 in the morning snoring like fat, balding men in their bed. Also, this is what Babar would do with ME until he finally found a better replacement in Celeste - of course, I wouldn't bark back. :) I think he prefers Celeste.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh my god. She's adorable! I love how much Babs likes playing with her. They're so cute together. *grins*

Pug Mom said...

Oh, yes - they just love playing ALL the bloody time. Hey, at least they're not trying to do it with me. :) Yay for that. :) But yes, they get along so great - getting her was definitely one of the best choices I've ever made. :)

Jessie said...

*grins* No mouthing from Celeste yet? Go team you. And I'll be great cause they can tire each other out. And he won't whine as much when you leave, cause she's there, too. Less separation anxiety.

For the dooing part, well, that's part of any baby animal. Cats do it, too. Even if they're litter trained. Tell Boyfriend that it could be worse. You could have a hamster shitting everywhere.

Tam said...

OMG! I can hardly stand it! I love Babs doing the "Pugtona" while Celeste waits for him to get back...