The tales of two pernicious pugs and their doormat.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mix Tapes Rule

So I've been going on dates and whatnot. Just trying to have some fun before I leave dear ol' Minneapolis.

And I met someone awesome. Who gave me a mix tape.

I'm really not the sentimental type at all. Seriously. Flowers and chocolates and poetry don't impress me at all. But I was listening to the tape this morning, and well, I'm possibly a puddle of goo right now.

That's probably because the mix tape is perfect. I absolutely love every single effing song. He has me completely figured out.

It's awesome.

UPDATE: Per Mel's request, here's a couple of my favorites.

Plasticities - Andrew Bird

Creeper - Islands

North American Scum - LCD Soundsystem

Missing Pieces - Voxtrot

Veni Vidi Vici - The Black Lips

7 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

ha..ha.ha.. How 80's! How High School! How cute! :)

Twiddles said...

Well, maybe it's slightly more effective for me because A) I am seriously addicted to music - it is uber-important to me, B) I never went to high school, so I didn't get to experience this type of thing. Still. It's awesome. :)

The Creeper said...

Too cute. Is he worth keeping after you move?

Twiddles said...

Yeah, I don't do the long distance thing. Besides, we're at two different points in life. I'm pretty much set on what I'm going to do and he's not there yet. That's pretty important to me right now. I need to know that we're heading in the same direction. He's still a sweetie, though. :)

Mel said...

hey, hey, hey. That's how KS and I started. he gave me a mixed tape (CD). It was so cute. hehe. What songs are on it? Do we get a sample play list??

Mel said...

you're awesome. unfort. i can't listen to it at work (poo), but I'll be sure to listen 2night!! woohoo.

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Hello??????
Anyone home???
Look -- stop boinking the new boy long enough to tell us whats going on with you!
It's been.. like.. FOREVER since you posted anything! (whine..whine...whine..)